Event date: 03-04 October 2016
Deadline of paper submission March 15, 2016
“The Philippine Statistical System (PSS), spearheaded by Philippine Statistical Authority (PSA), will hold the 13th National Convention on Statistics (NCS) on 03-04 October 2016 to serve as a forum for practitioners and theoreticians in the field of statistics to discuss prevailing issues and emerging developments for a more responsive statistical system. The two-day convention will have sessions for plenary and invited and contributed papers.
One of the topics for invited papers is on Sustainability, Environment and Natural Resources which includes the following:
- Adaptive capacity of the human communities
- Air pollution in Metro Manila and other major urban
- Climate change
- Disaster statistics
- Biodiversity protection and conservation
- Resilience of Natural Systems
- Forest and Watersheds Sustainability
- Waste Management
- Water Pollution
DENR through the Office of the Undersecretary for Administration and Information Systems has been requested to organize the session for Sustainability, Environment and Natural Resources.
In this regard, we are inviting interested employees/personnel to submit papers for presentation during the convention. The requirements for the paper and the abstract, and the deadline for submission are as follows:
- The title of the paper and the abstract and accomplished information sheet must be submitted on March 15,2016;
- The abstract for papers must not exceed two hundred (200) words, with Arial font, double-spaced and ll pt. on standard A4 paper with 1″ margin on all sides; and
- The final manuscript should not exceed 5000 words with single line spacing, using Arial font size of 1 lpt. and must be submitted on 19 July 2016.
Please submit the abstracts to the Statistics and Data Resource Management Division, Knowledge and Information Systems Service on or before the set deadline.
For further inquiry or clarification you may contact Ms. Liberty Fernandez or Mr. Joey Talabis at telephone no. 925-8278 or e-mail address email@example.com. You may also contact the NCS Secretariat at telefax no. 376-1928 and/or e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.”